LASER SKIN REJUVENATION THERAPY
Advantages of Laser Skin Rejuvenation Therapy at Beauty to Impress:
- Reduce or Eliminate Pigmented Lesions
- Refine and Tighten Enlarged Pores
- Soften Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Stimulate Collagen
- Non-invasive, Safe, and an Effective Anti-Ageing Treatment – PRICELESS!
What is Skin Rejuvenation?
Skin Rejuvenation is a laser light technology used to treat a number of skin conditions including pigmentation, uneven skin tone, enlarged pores, and fine lines and stimulate Collagen formation (skin rejuvenation). Within a few treatments most clients notice a marked improvement in appearance and texture of the skin; it looks more even toned and feels healthier and smoother.
How many treatments will I need?
A minimum of three treatments is recommended. Response may vary and some clients may need additional treatment. Some conditions may reoccur and require touch up treatments.
Who is the treatment for?
Skin Rejuvenation is most successful on clients with fair skin. Clients with darker skin need to be treated with lower energy levels and require additional treatments; clients with very dark skin may not be suitable.
The treatment is not recommended for clients with bleeding disorders, clients using anti-coagulants, clients currently on Roaccutane or those who have used it in the last six months. The treatment may be used with caution on clients who have a tendency to Keloid scarring.
What are some important things to know?
Clients who wish to undergo treatment with Skin Rejuvenation should not be tanned from any source, including sun exposure, solariums or self-tanning lotions.
It is critical to protect the area to be treated from sun exposure for four weeks prior to treatment and continue to do so following the treatment to maintain the results. We recommend the use of a Medicalia SPF 30+ sunscreen every day and a wide rimmed hat or protective clothing when in the sun.
What side effects can occur?
- Darkening or crusting of pigment
- Skin redness, mild burning sensation
- Temporary bruising
- Swelling (especially around eye area)
- Lightening or darkening of skin in the treated area
- Blistering – usually superficial
- Cold sores may be activated
- In very rare cases, development of infection or scarring
Pre-Treatment Care for Skin Rejuvenation:
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds and self tanning lotions for four weeks prior to treatment
- Use Medicalia sunscreen (SPF 30+) daily on the area to be treated one month prior to treatment
- Commence recommended skin care program at least two weeks prior to treatment
Post-Treatment Care for Skin Rejuvenation:
- Apply Medicalia Silico-Lipid Serum and Medicalia Post-Operative Care Cream, cool compresses or ice pack for comfort
- Wash face with a gentle cleanser (no soap, perfume, alcohol etc) and cool water
- Do not use a scrub for up to two weeks after treatment
- Do not wax the area for at least two weeks
- Apply Medicalia Silico-Lipid Serum and Medicalia Post-Operative Care Cream after washing area
- Apply Medicalia sunscreen (SPF 30+) every day
- Avoid sun as much as you can
- If planning to be in the sun, wear a large rimmed hat
- Avoid activities where you are likely to perspire heavily for 24 hrs.