LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Advantages of Laser Hair Reduction Therapy at Beauty to Impress:
It’s easy to get fed up with the constant nicks and cuts, the irritation of remembering to buy new razor blades, and worst of all…forgetting that you shaved, but spraying your deodorant on anyway! That burning sensation is enough to make ANYONE sick of shaving!
It doesn’t have to be this way!
- Achieve 75% – 95% in reduction of hair growth
- Save Time
- No regrowth stubble
- Skin feels silky smooth
- Stimulate collagen and elastin in treated area
- No more ingrown hair
- No more painful plucking or waxing
- No more nicks and cuts from shaving
- Be confident in knowing you will never be embarrassed by unwanted hair again… PRICELESS!
Why choose Beauty to Impress for Laser Hair Reduction Therapy?
Laser hair reduction therapy is safe, and does not harm or alter surrounding tissue or skin. Treatments will be conducted by experienced and trained Medical Aestheticians and over a short series of treatments you will see permanent hair reduction. These Medical Grade Lasers emit a single concentrated light beam which is absorbed and transmitted by the pigment in the hair, converted into thermal energy and effectively ‘disables’ the hair’s ability to grow. They feature a Dynamic Cooling Device that acts on the skin to counteract the heating effect of the laser for your comfort.
There are major advantages if you should choose laser hair reduction therapy. Unlike ‘follicle by follicle’ hair removal treatments, the laser uses a wide beam which allows the removal of many hair follicles all at once. Unlike electrolysis, which takes months to perform and also was much more prone to human error, hair removal through the use of a laser can achieve dramatic results in as little as a few minutes. These treatments are in general permanent, with an average reduction in hair growth of 75% – 95%.
You may be wondering about the procedures themselves and whether they cause any discomfort. The Medical Grade Lasers we use have a cooling feature which reduces discomfort. Though a slightly different sensation, it is not much more painful than waxing. For more sensistive areas of the body a topical aesthetic cream can be used. Your Medical Aesthetician can advise you on this.
Before and After Photo’s
Laser Hair Reduction Therapy is still a relatively new medical cosmetic procedure and long-term studies are ongoing.
- Most clients require 6 – 10 treatments to achieve permanent hair reduction of approximately 75% – 95%.
- Permanent hair reduction may not be achieved by all clients.
- Clients with fine facial hair or clients experiencing hormonal imbalances may require additional or ongoing treatments.
- It is recommended that females with hormonal imbalances such as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome consult an Endocrinologist for specialist evaluation. They may require medical treatment as well as ongoing treatment in order to achieve best possible results.
- Clients commencing treatment during puberty may need additional treatments as their hair growth may not be fully developed due to changing hormone levels.
- Clients achieve best results if they have treatments according to the recommended treatment regime – every 6 – 8 weeks. For facial hair it is recommended to treat every 4 weeks. Clients who leave long periods between treatments will not achieve optimal results.
- Please shave the treatment area ONE day prior to your appointment.
- For female facial hair, please trim or shave the hair to skin level one day before or remove with a depilatory cream 2-3 days before.
- Stay out of the sun for 1 month prior to treatment and use Medicalia SPF 30+ sunscreen.
- Avoid self-tanners and the solarium for 1 month before your treatment.
- Do not wax, pluck, bleach, use an ‘epilady’ or have electrolysis for at least 4-6 weeks prior to treatment.
- Stop using depilatory creams 3 days before your treatment.
- Avoid chemical peels for 2 – 4 weeks and micro-dermabrasion for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- After treatment, the area may be tender, slightly red and swollen. This reaction usually disappears within a few hours. In some cases redness can last longer, but unlikely to last more than 2 days. Apply ice or cold towel compress for 15 minutes a few times a day. Applying Medicalia Silico-Lipid Serum and Medicalia Post-Operative Care Cream will improve healing.
- Do not perform activities that cause excessive perspiration until the area has healed, as it may cause your skin to become more sensitive.
- You may shower afterwards using luke-warm or tepid water, but avoid hot showers until the skin returns to its normal condition. Wash the treated area gently with mild; unscented soap and pat dry (do not rub).
- Use only Medicalia Silico-Lipid Serum and Medicalia Post-Operative Care Cream whilst the area is sensitive.
- Do not go directly under the sun for 3 – 4 weeks after treatment, as this area will be more prone to sunburn and pigmentation change. Use Medicalia SPF 30+ sunscreen and wear protective clothing.
- Do not shave for 48 – 72 hours following treatment.
- In 3 – 14 days, you will see stubble representing dead hair being shed from the hair follicle. This is not new hair growth. Allow this hair to fall out of the skin by gently rubbing with a warm, wet washcloth.
- No tanning, sauna or steaming treatments for 4 – 6 weeks after treatment.
- Do not use deodorant on the treated area until it has returned to its normal condition.
- Do not scratch the area or use exfoliants / peels / astringents until the area has fully healed.
- Do not take Roaccutane or use Retin-A, AHA’s, Vitamin A serums, and glycolic acid until the area has fully healed. These products should also not be used if you wish to have further treatments.
- Do not apply make-up to the treated areas until they have healed.
- Do not wax, pluck, or bleach in between treatments. You may shave or use a depilatory cream in between treatments.
- Avoid swimming pools and spas treated with chemicals or chlorine until the skin returns to its normal condition.
- Blistering, and scabbing may sometimes occur within 1 – 3 days in sensitive areas such as the bikini line and neck. Do not pick or remove blisters or scabs, as this may result in infection or scarring.
- In the rare case of infection a course of antibiotics is recommended. A prescription can be obtained from your local doctor.
- If new medications are prescribed please notify your doctor that you are having laser hair reduction done some medications make your skin photosensitive and may interfere with your treatment.
- Please notify Beauty to Impress 0413 513 759 about new medications or conditions for subsequent treatments.
Looking for the best options for permanent hair reduction? Call Beauty to Impress NOW 0413 513 759!!